did you know?
EARLY DETECTION IS VISION PROTECTION
- Your eyes are the "windows to wellness". They are the only places on your body that provide a clear view of your blood vessels. Which can tell a lot about your overall health. This can help the doctor see signs of common health conditions like high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Every 5 seconds one person in the world goes blind. A child goes blind every minute. 80% of all blindness is avoidable (60% treatable & 20% preventable).
- People over the age of 65 have a 30% Chance of developing age related macular degeneration. It is the leading cause of blindness for those aged 65 and older.
- Blindness is the number one complication of people with diabetes.
- More than 1.1 million Americans are legally blind.
- An additional 50,000 people lose their sight each year.
- Approximately 2.2 million Americans over 40 have glaucoma, yet more than half are unaware they have this disease until their sight is compromised.
- It is recommended that everyone has a complete eye exam and eye health check every year, unless your eye doctor recommends every two years.